Friday, February 13, 2009

Lights, Camera--Action!!!!!


Title: Stormbreaker


Author: Anthony Horowitz


Genre: Mystery, High ADVENTURE!!


Description: A 14 year old boy becomes a spy.


WARNING: those of you who are weak of heart, be careful when reading this book. This is one of the most action-packed books I have ever read, and I was constantly kept on my toes as the character performed numerous highly dangerous acts. At the start of the book, it is actually fairly low key, but then the main character (Alex) starts learning lots of startling information very fast, and things really speed up. I mean really speed up. Alex gets into to one dangerous situation after another, and you can't put the book down for fear that next time you pick it up, Alex finally will have gone too far and he will be dead. Even at the very end, when you think, Oh, this is the happy ending, and then they hit you with one last gripping scene. One may say it is a little too much, and yes, that is probably true. There is a lot of tension and suspense and high adventure and mystery and all that, but there isn't a lot of character development or some rest time in between all of Alex's tight situations. And because there isn't a lot of time for you to get to know the character, I do admit I momentarily forgot his name while writing this review. I did enjoy most of this book, and I could hardly put it down. I haven't read a book like that in a while. So if you would like something chock full of adventure and mystery and suspense, go check out Stormbreaker from your local library!

1 comment:

Hazel Bryan said...

i want to read this so bad!!!