Sunday, January 11, 2009

HP5


Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5, for short)

Author: J. K. Rowling


Genre: Fantasy, Adventure


Description: Harry is back for the 5th time!! In this book, Harry faces explusion from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, then battles with an evil Ministry Affiliate while forming a secret army under her nose, then finally faces Voldemort and his Death Eaters in intense combat!! It's filled with excitement, don't miss it!

I just had to throw that last comment in there. This is probably my favorite of the 7 Harry Potter books, 1) because it is full of action, and if there is anything I can't stand, it is a boring book where nothing happens. This is not true in Harry Potter 5. It is full of excitement just from the beginning. and 2) it has Dolores Umbridge in it! I don't like her, but she is a super evil villain, and where would the story be without her? If Harry lived happily throughout the whole book, you could sleep while you read it. Anyway, Umbridge also adds to the action part. She keeps the story alive in her own wicked ways.
The almost best part of this book (in my opinion) has to do with Fred and George, the Weasley twins. They turn on such a fabulous show of tricks, mischief, pranks and more; it is so entertaining! J.K. Rowling put some nice effort into creating the Weasley twins. Go Fred and George! May the fun go on forever!
Now, I often think the character Harry has a couple of flaws. At the beginning of the story, he is stuck at his aunt and uncle's house, and is feeling a little annoyed, but really wants to see his best friends. So when he sees them, he yells at them for 5 minutes for having a good time together without him, completely ignoring whatever they have to say. Then he loses his temper repeatedly throughout the book. Maybe he should take some anger management classes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you have to say about HP5, although of the 7, I'm not positive which is my most favorite. But Doris Umbridge is the character you love to hate--she is so manipulative and such a bully. I think Harry presents a good model for how you stand up to a bully (bleeding silently and planning how to get around her wicked ways). The creation of Dumbledore's Army is brilliant. Actually, my favorite part is where Fred and George turn the entrance hall into a swamp.
GMJ

Raindrop said...

I have to say-Fred and George are awesome. I just added something in there about them. I think Umbridge's name is actually Dolores.

Anonymous said...

Oops! My bad! And I had the book open in front of me in case I needed to spell "Weasley." Dolores it is.
Here's something to ponder: What does the name Dolores mean--or is it a pun on "dolorous" which means "sad"? And her last name, Umbridge, sounds like "Umbrage." Umbrage means "offense or resentment." Umbra means "a shaded area," or the "darkest part of a shadow." Fitting ideas to contemplate for this character? How do these words fit with a woman who has decorative plates with kittens on them!?
GMJ

Raindrop said...

The Umbra meanings definitely fit her character. The plates are probably there to hide her true and hideous nature. I don't think she's a very sad character though. Mean, is more like it.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! This is probably my favorite one too. I like number 2 and 3 and 1 and 4 and 6 and 7 is ok i guess. Fred and George rock like heck!! Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! GO HARRY POTTER GO HARRY POTTER!!!
-AWESOME PERSON

P.S.- Harry Potter's a git!!! 5 points from gryffindor!! [harry har har]