Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wicked


Title: Wicked


Author: Gregory MaGuire


Description: Um...the life of the wicked witch and why she is so wicked. I think.


Well, I didn't actually read this book, I just started it. But I think it is a little uh... complicated for me right now. You see, I really really really wanted to see the new musical they just made of it, but I missed it, so I decided to comprise by getting the soundtrack instead. Which is very good, by the way. My favorite songs are all of them. But, of course, i don't know how the songs fit into the story. So I then decided to read the book. I do think it is sort of "adultish"; the sentences are long with lots of big words, and you have to read the paragraph/sentence a couple of times to figure out what the author is trying to say. So I might wait to start it. But I really want to know the story! And I've already memorized the soundtrack!! I was looking up books on the library catalog, and now I want to read Son of a Witch (the sequel). I will have to read the Wicked series sometime. Once I finish the Odyssey.

3 comments:

Gillian said...

Y'knooooow...Wicked is playing in London in July....

Raindrop said...

Hmm... I think something may need to be arranged...soon...

Anonymous said...

Son of a Witch, huh? Oh I DO wonder what thats about.