Sunday, January 18, 2009

Twilight

Title: Twilight

Author: Stephanie Meyer


Genre: Romance, Fantasy


Description: A girl (Bella) falls in love with a vampire (Edward).


Big deal. I have to ask you Twilight fans, why do you find it interesting? You can probably tell I was not impressed with this story. Maybe it's because I am not really into romance novels. Maybe it is because Bella and Edward take 300 pages, (at least) just to fall in love. Maybe it is because it gets exciting only for 1 page. Or maybe it is because Bella is so obsessed with Edward you can hardly stand it. I have to say that there wasn't really any part I liked. In the book anyway. I did go see the movie, and I do think they made the part where the vampires play baseball pretty good. So I liked that part, but just in the movie. Edward was an okay character, but I didn't like that even though he knows that he is a vampire, but he acts really dumb about it. For instance, there is one point in the story where Bella faints because Edward dazzles her so much, and he says, "Do I really dazzle you?" C'mon Edward, you are a vampire, and you said yourself that everything about you was designed to be attractive to humans. But he seems to really enjoy being fainted over. Speaking of characters, I really don't like Bella; she is a weak character. It seems like she wouldn't exist without Edward, and he is all she thinks about. But she isn't the only one. Edward probably has about 200 girlfriends at my school alone. My own friend is absolutely sure that Edward is her next door neighbor. Aren't there so many other better books besides Twilight??? I constantly ask this to Twilight-obsessed classmates. But they seemed to be incurably addicted to it. I hope you, reader, do not limit yourself to just one book in a world of thousands.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't even read it! Do you even think I should?? [Iam not talking to you, fans.] I am talking to the wonderful book judge Raindrop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Awesome person

Raindrop said...

Well, from my review, what do you think??

Gillian said...

OMG. I am so relieved that you, dear Raindrop, were not sucked in by this book. You redeem my faith in young readers.

Anonymous said...

I sent this website to the ladies at the Vashon Bookshop and the one who is in charge of the children and adolescent book collection was absolutely ecstatic about the quality of your writing and your insights. About "Twilight" she said, "Right on!"
GMJ

Mo said...

i agree with raindrop.