Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Want to go Home

Title: I Want to go Home


Author: Gordon Korman


Genre: Humor


Description: A sarcastic boy and his faithful sidekick hate the camp they have been forced to go to, and they take every opportunity to run away.

This isn't a real hard read. I don't have much to say about it. But sometimes when I am in the middle of several books that are really serious and have some major character development, I like to take a step back and read this funny story. Rudy Miller has calm, cool ways of devising brilliant plans to escape, and the reaction of his camp counselours just makes me laugh. It's a nice simple story and a quick read.


Picture from: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/k/gordon-korman/i-want-to-go-home.htm


By the way, there is one flaw in the cover of this book. In the story, Camp Algonkian Island (the camp that Rudy was sent to) is a boys' camp! So there should be no girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, nothing heavy here, but I love this book. You have to kind of feel sorry for Rudy because he's so accomplished and everything he tries comes so easily to him that he gets bored. What can't he do? Well, he can't quite escape from Algonkian--so at last there is a challenge for him! Yes, the counselors' reactions are hysterical, and Rudy's snide remarks are wonderfully funny, but it's the incident of the beaver I love best.
GMJ