Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Coraline

Title: Coraline


Author: Neil Gaiman


Genre: Adventure,


Description: Coraline wishes for more than what she has in her dull, much-less-than perfect world, and it seems her wish has been answered when she finds a small door hidden in her dreary apartment. But this door and the perfect world behind it are more creepy and frightening than they seem.


Wow. Creepy. Scary. Frightening. Fascinating.


Neil Gaiman really takes you away with this highly suspenseful and intriguing story. He hooks you and lays out the setting neatly. He clearly describes the wills and wants of his character, and adds a bit of mystery. All seems innocent until you realize the truth along with Coraline. But does she turn back? No. As the story becomes more fast-paced, you read, being pulled deeper and deeper with each thrilling sentence.At the creepiest part of the book, you have to give it to Coraline for bravery. Even though her parents are missing and she has nothing to go to but a dreaful and powerful other mother, she faces her enemy and does whatever it takes to find her parents and triumph. It gives you courage too. If she can do it, so can I. I couldn't put this awesome book down. After the story, I gave some thought to the question: If I were in Coraline's place, what would I do?

Everyone I talked to told me this book was really scary, and I might not like it. I would never tell anyone not to read this book. The scary parts were so exciting, and I read them eagerly. And if you are scared, don't worry. It will all turn out O.K. in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the way that you wrote this review. It really intrigues you and makes you seriously want to read the book. After all that is the point, but i feel that this was just written beutifully. From what I have heard from family and friends Coraline is a good,fascinating, and scary yet intiguing book. Keep up these awesome reviews!!!!
See you later, I'm off to go read Coraline.
- Raindropsbookshelflover